Work. Learn. Grow. Build a Career!
"I attribute my success in the field of youth development to the thorough, all-encompassing training I received at Decatur Recreation Department. After 12 years in the field I can honestly say they gave me the tools, the skills, and the hands-on experiences to launch a successful career."
-- Claire Guitton, Executive Director, Brookhaven Boys and Girls Club, Atlanta, GA
"My tenure as a director of summer day camps and soccer camps in the City of Decatur added to the value of my resumé for my teaching career and has allowed me to expand my soccer camps throughout the southeastern United States."
-- Alex Horton, High school teacher and licensed soccer coach, Lilburn, GA
Build Your Resumé on Solid Experience
Are you a recent graduate? Still in school? You can get practical experience in your field with one of the most respected recreation programs in the Southeast - Decatur Active Living Department. Join an enthusiastic team committed to delivering quality programs. Develop your career skills in a diverse, unified community. Gain the experience of planning and implementing a wide range of activities from start to finish. Work with others who want to make a difference. Our award-winning program offers:
• Competitive salaries
• CPR and First Aid training
• Recreation and community services experience
• Youth sports emphasizing participation over competition
• Interaction with public schools
• Collaboration with social service agencies
• Conferences and training relevant to your field
• DHR-approved training for school-age care
We're Looking for the Best.
We need enthusiastic college students or graduates majoring in education, recreation, physical education or related fields to lead our programs. If you:
• Enjoy working with people, particularly children
• Know how to have fun while working hard
• Want to develop strong skills
• Think "safety first
• Think creatively
• Want to add a "hands on approach to your education/career
• Can make a seasonal commitment to our programs
Decatur Active Living needs you!
Choose Your Area!
Positions are available in the following areas:
• Officials, scorekeepers, field preparation and maintenance personnel
• Cheerleading instructors
• Mini-sports instructors
• Volunteer coaches for baseball, soccer, and basketball.
• Instructors for pre-K sports programs
• Instructors for youth and adult classes
•Instructors for special interest camps
• Tennis instructors
• Seasonal swim instructors
Want to know more?
Contact Decatur Active Living Department : call 404-377-0494 for an information packet.
Current job openings are listed in the Personnel section of this website.